Aesthetic Pruning is one of the most in-demand programs we offer. As part of our fee-based offerings, these classes are open to anyone interested in learning pruning techniques to accentuate plants’ beautiful, natural forms and to keep them healthy.
The selection of Aesthetic Pruning classes for Spring 2017 includes:
- 1/28/17: LH800 – Introduction to Aesthetic Pruning – Chris Ingram (full day; $78 fee)
- 2/4/17: LH805 – Pruning Deciduous Fruit Trees – Anders Vidstrand
- 2/11/27: LH801 – Pruning Deciduous Trees & Shrubs – Chris Ingram
- 2/25/17: LH881 – Art of the Wisteria – Pete Churgel
- 3/4/17: LH839A – Introduction to Bonsai – Bill Castellon (full day, fee $78)
- 3/11/17: LH803 – Finding the Essence of a Tree – Pete Churgel
- 4/8/17: LH804 – Pruning Flowering Trees & Shrubs – Jocelyn Cohen
- 4/22/17: LH810 – Pruning Maples – Pete Churgel
- 5/6/17: LH891 – Art of the Laceleaf Maple – Yuki Nara
- 5/20/17: LH831 – Pruning CA Native Trees & Shrubs – Jocelyn Cohen
- 5/27/17: LH811 – Pruning Pines – Bill Castellon
An updated schedule is available here, with information for Spring 2017 and tentative information for Fall 2017. And, here’s a link to the registration form for fee-based classes. Please note that due to District policy, we can only accept checks for fee-based classes. While we recognize it may be inconvenient, neither cash nor credit are acceptable forms of payment. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Mr. Maril Bull at the Landscape Horticulture Department. Maril can be reached at (510) 436-2418 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.